Kelly's Directory 1930 reports :-
"The church of St. Mary is an edifice of stone in the Norman, Transitional, Early English and later styles, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, north porch and a western bell-cote with spirelet supported on framing and containing one bell:
the church, until 1880, consisted of a short chancel and nave only, the aisles and western tower having been taken down on account of their ruinous condition, but in that year the whole structure was thoroughly restored under the direction of Mr. James Fowler, architect, of Louth, when the chancel was rebuilt on the old foundations, a vestry, organ chamber and north porch added, the aisles re-erected, the 14th century arcades, which had been built up, being reopened, and the flooring laid anew and the chancel refitted at a total cost of £2,000:
during the rebuilding several stone coffins with floriated crosses were exhumed ; these are now at the west ends of the north and south aisles :
there are also three ancient slabs in-scribed to Sir Philip de Chauncey, John de Gothmundharn and one to a member of the De Bohun family :
there are 180 sittings"
DB 20 July 2023