White's Directory 1872 states :-
"The Free School, which was rebuilt in 1830, at a cost of £200, was founded in 1719, by Mr. James Thompson, who endowed it with 21A. of land, called "South-North Hill," 7A. in the Cars, a common-right in Cowfield, and one "rake" in the South Car.
This land is now let for about £150 a year, but eight acres of it are subject to the Ancholme drainage tax"
And "Goldsmith George James, schoolmaster (Free School)"
Kelly's Directory 1905 has " Public Elementary (formerly Free) School, for 120 children; average attendance, 95 ; John Walley, master; children attending this school are eligible, if duly qualified, as candidate for exhibitions connected with Kirton-in-Lindsey School. The school is controlled by 6 members appointed April, 1903; Charles Rand, correspondent".
DB 27 December 2020