Kelly's Directory 1913 has :-
"The church of St. Helen is an edifice of stone in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel with organ chamber, nave, south porch and a western tower with pinnacles, containing 6 bells, hung in 1905 at the expense of R.C. Bacon esq.:
the nave dates in part from the 11th century and the tower from the 14th: and there are mural monuments to the Peel and Dymoke-Wells families, and a stained east window to the Hawke family:
the body of the church was rebuilt in 1880, at a cost of £2,000, by the late Mrs. Reynard, in memory of her husband, the Rev. William Reynard M.A. a former rector:
there are 200 sittings"
DB 15 May 2022