Looking across part of the moated site with St Andrew's Church in the background.
"The remains lie at the bottom of a gentle slope and take the form of a series of earthworks, including a moated platform, a pair of ponds and other water-control features, and a group of ditched enclosures. The site is thought to have formed part of the manor of Waldin the Engineer which was granted to the Benedictine abbey of St Nicholas in Angers, France, in the early 12th century. At the end of the 14th century, during the Hundred Years War, the property was confiscated by the king and in 1441 was granted to King's College, Cambridge"
DB 8 March 2022