The Society for Promoting the Enlargement, Building and Repair of Churches and Chapels was formed in 1818 and incorporated in 1828.
Withcall received a grant of £50 in 1861 (the church was completed in 1862).
A view of the chancel and semi-circular apse of All Hallows.
The ironstone and limestone church of All Hallows stands on the hillside above the village.
It was built in 1862 by James Fowler in early Gothic style.
The polygonal bell-cote at the west end of the church is "roguishly" corbelled out (Pevsner) - the work of James Fowler of Louth in 1862.
The view from the south shows the whole of Fowler's composition of 1862.
A closer view of the elaborate bell cote.
The Grimsby to Wold Newton turnpike act was passed in 1765.
This iron milestone still stands at the roadside, 2 furlongs north of the village of Wold Newton.
Frank Robinson, December 2014
This cast milepost survives intact in its original position on the east side of the road about 300 m north of North Farm, Wold Newton. It is the most southerly example erected by the Grimsby & Wold Newton Turnpike Trust and is now the only survivor.
It is Grade II listed:
Jean Howard 5 March 2023
The post was cast by Thorncliffe Iron Works, Chapeltown, Sheffield and it is dated 1826 so will soon have stood here for 200 years.
The Primitive Methodist Chapel on the main street was built in 1849 and closed in 1952.
The datestone above the centrally place doorway.