"South side has an inserted pointed C13 doorway of 2 orders beneath a hoodmould with weathered headstops, the outer order with nook-shafts and filleted arch, the inner order chamfered. Above this, a blocked pointed C13 arch, apparently C13 but incorporating chamfered ironstone imposts and voussoirs from an C11-style round arch"
White's Directory 1872 has :-
"The Church (St. Giles), which is a small structure consisting of nave, chancel, and square tower with two bells, was rebuilt in 1810, except the tower, which belonged to the original church.
It was repewed, restored, and newly roofed, in 1859, at a cost of about £400, raised chiefly by subscription, when a stained glass window, given by the Rector, was inserted in the east end.
The benefice is a rectory, valued in K.B. at £8. 10s. 10d., and now at £260, in the patronage of Jesus College, Oxford, and incumbency of the Rev. Robt. P. Williams, M.A., who has 38 acres of glebe and a good residence"
DB 4 February 2023