"The business was owned by the Laming family, and when the last member, George Laming, died in 1988 the whole complex was put up for sale ... The whole complex was bought by Mr Arthur Mills, who donated the Smithy to the Owston Ferry History Society"
"The former blacksmith's forge and farrier's workshop (Grade 2 listed) of 1864 (still in use) is a reminder of both our agricultural heritage and the commitment to rural improvements in Victorian England by the Marquis of Ripon, the then owner of the Welbourn estate.
The buildings which formed the blacksmith's shop remain but are no longer a forge. The white building beyond is the Willoughby Arms, still open as a Bateman's house (as at November 2023). The village shop (rear right) is now residential. The telephone box has gone.