Museum of the Spalding Gentlemens' Society.
"Dated 1910. Architect, J B Corby and Sons"
"The Spalding Gentlemen's Society (or Gentlemen's Club at Spalding) is a learned society in Spalding, Lincolnshire, England.
It was founded in 1710 by Maurice Johnson, (1688-1755), of Ayscoughfee Hall, and is still active.
The society's museum in Broad Street, Spalding, opened in 1911.
Additions were made in 1925 and in 1960.
The carved outside panels were the work of Jules Tuerlinckx of Malines, a Belgian refugee during the First World War"
DB 2 October 2019