Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire states :-
"St. Martin's church is an ancient edifice of stone in the Early English style, with additions in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave of three bays, aisles and an embattled western tower with four pinnacles, containing 5 bells:
the chancel, rebuilt in 1877 by Richard, 9th Earl of Scarborough, has on the north and south sides of it an ancient piscina and aumbry, and above the arch is the ancient rood beam, the great rood having letely been restored; the church retains an original east window of Early Decorated character, also a two-light 15th century window:
the font is Perpendicular, with richly carved panels and an embattled cornice:
there is a brass plate commemorating two children of Sir John Wray, 1613 and 1615:
the nave, aisles and roof were restored in 1880-81:
the tower was repaired in 1891-2 and 2 bells added to the original peal of 3 by Sir H. B. Bacon bart. :
there are 300 sittings.
The register dates from the year 1571.
The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £286, including 276 acres of glebe, with residence, in the gift of Sir Hickman Beckett Bacon bart. and held since 1914 by the Rev. Edward Samuel Letts"
DB 20 May 2018