Sir Christopher Wray (1524-92), Lord Chief Justice, built this impressive house in 1567-68.
In the 1750s it was partly replaced by Paine for Thomas Lumley, 3rd Earl of Scarbrough, who had inherited the estate.
Much of the house fell into ruin in the nineteenth century.
More details about this house and its owners can be found in T R Leach's book, 'Lincolnshire Country Houses and their Families: Part 1', published by SLHA. Buy a copy.