Coat of arms held aloft in the foreground.
"The royal village of Old Bolingbroke.
The shield bears the arms of Edmund first Earl of Lancaster.
These are the arms of the Duchy of Lancaster, who presented the shield to this village on August 4th 1966, in commemoration of the birth in Bolingbroke Castle in 1366, of Henry Bolingbroke Duke of Lancaster, King Henry IV of England.
The roses are the original rose of Lancaster, grown in Provins and adopted by Edmund as his emblem in 1280.
They are a gift to the village from the Mayor and people of Provins, March 1967"
Village war memorial visible background right.
DB 26 October 2018