Choose a Topic ....
Photograph Galleries
ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQRSTUWY
Reasby
 
Reasby Hall
Reasby Hall
Reasby Hall

Internal Medieval stonework supports the view that Reasby Hall in the parish of Snelland was once a grange for Barlings Abbey, 3.5 miles to the south.

Above the porch of the present nine-bay house are the arms of an Earl of Scarbrough and the date of 1708.

Ken Redmore, 2010

Reasby, hall, Barlings Abbey, grange, Earl of Scarbrough,
Reasby Hall
Reasby Hall
Reasby Hall

An earlier view of the Hall, largely unchanged.

T R Leach Collection, 1973

Reasby, Hall
Reasby Hall
Reasby Hall
Reasby Hall

Reasby Hall lies on the minor road between Stainton by Langworth and Snelland. This is the east elevation Hall, built in the sixteenth century with major alterations over the years into the Victorian period.

After the Dissolution the house passed to Charles Brandon and his heirs the Sanderson family whose arms are inscribed ‘NES and RS 1708’ over the doorway.

Pearl Wheatley, 2011

Reasby, Hall
Reasby Hall
Reasby Hall
Reasby Hall
Rear (west) elevation of the Hall. Pearl Wheatley 2011
Reasby, Hall