Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire in 1919, before this church was built, stated that
"CROSBY, formerly a township, which for ecclesiastical purposes formed part of the parish of Scunthorpe, but became a separate parish in 1913, and is a rapidly growing centre"
"There is a temporary church building, opened in 1908, and seating 250 persons.
The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £371, with residence, in the gift of Sir Berkeley D.G. Sheffield bart. and held since 1913 by the Rev. Charles Usher Wilson.
Plans for a church to seat over 1,000 persons have been made, and a vicarage has been been built"
DB 19 February 2019