Belton Park, Machine Gun Corps Tablet
Set alongside the Lion Gates leading into Belton Park, Londonthorpe.
The inscription reads "THIS TABLET COMMEMORATES THE FOUNDING OF THE MACHINE GUN CORPS. FORMED 14TH OCTOBER 1915 DISBANDED 15TH JULY 1922 AND PAYS TRIBUTE TO 170,500 OF ALL RANKS WHO SERVED IN THE CORPS. JUNE 1947".
During World War 1 Belton Park became the headquarters of The Machine Gun Corps all of whose members were trained here.
DB 8 September 2016
Londonthorpe, Belton Park, Machine Gun Corps