Referring to New Somerby, Kelly's Directory of Lincolnshire 1885 states :-
"The cemetery for Grantham, Spittlegate, Houghton and Walton and Manthorpe-cum-Little Gonerby, which was opened on May 1st, 1857, is almost entirely in this district, and covers an area of 9 acres, 3 of which were added in 1872; the total cost was about £7,200, inclusive of two mortuary chapels connected by an archway.
The cemetery is under the control of a Burial board of 20 members, to which the parish of Grantham contributes 9 members, Spittlegate 7, and Little Gonerby 4.
The inhabitants of New Somerby have the right to bury here on payment of double fees"
DB 8 January 2019