"There has been a school in Butterwick for a very long time.
In 1665 Anthony Pinchbeck left seventy-four acres of land to a group of people who were charged with the task of administering the land, renting it to farmers and using the rent to provide a grammar school for all the boys in the surrounding area and a house for the headmaster.
On October 23rd 1876, under the Endowed Schools Act, the endowment of the school is devoted to Elementary Education - no longer a grammar school.
The old building was to be adapted as an infant and girls' school and a new school built for boys"
DB 9 June 2018